Top Tips from Counsellor
What ways can carers feel supported during Covid-19 pandemic?
- Asking for help from family, friends and services/organisations (there might be limitations because of the pandemic, but some help might be better than no help at all).
- Check-in with yourself everyday:
- Mentally (how is my thinking and self-talk right now?)
- Emotionally (how am I feeling right now?)
- Physically (how is my body doing? aches or pains?)
- Spiritually (how is my spirit? this can be faith-based or it can be exploring where I feel most calm/relaxed?)
- Stay open to finding creative ways to stay in touch socially with friends, family and the wider community.
More Top Thoughts
- It's important to acknowledge how hard living through this pandemic has been for you.
- Practice small acts of self-care every day that you can - include yourself in the circle of care.
- Allow others to help when you can, you are allowed to have limits and take a break sometimes.
- Talk to someone else from time to time, offload and vent to someone you can trust.
- Keep a sensible routine for yourself.
- Take small regular breaks from the pandemic stress If something feels calming for you.